The Office of Higher Education Commission shall have the duties relating to the function of the Board of Committee in accordance with this Act.
Section 26. The Board of Committee shall have the power to appoint other committees or sub-committees to consider or carry out any other function as assigned by the Board of Committee and shall report to the Board of Committee after completion of the assignment.
The meetings of other committees or sub-committees shall be in accordance with the regulations as prescribed by the Board of Committee.
Section 27. The Board of Committee, the other committees and sub-committees shall have the power to summon any person for questioning or submitting documents or evidences necessary to carry out its power and duties.
Section 28. The Private University Council shall consist of
(1) President of the University Council as proposed by the Licensee.
(2) Rector as member of the University Council by position.
(3) Qualified members of not less than seven but not more than fourteen persons as proposed by the Licensee having at least one representative of the Faculties.
(4) Qualified members of the University Council of not less than three persons selected by the Minister from the list of qualified members approved by the Board of Committee.
The Minister shall appoint the President of the University Council in accordance with (1) and qualified members of the University Council in accordance with (3) and (4).
The University Council shall select a qualified member as Vice-President for acting as President when the President is unable to perform his duties or when there is no President of the University Council.
The University Council shall appoint one administrator of the Private University with the advice of the Rector to be its secretary.
Section 29. After the appointment of members of the University Council by the Minister under Section 28 (1) and qualified members under Section 28 (3) and (4), the President of the University Council shall convene a meeting of the University Council Members to appoint a Rector.
The first meeting of the University Council Members shall be convened within thirty days from date of notification of the appointment order of the President of the University Council, its Members, and qualified Members under Section 28.
Section 30. At least one half of the University Council Members must be of Thai nationality.
Members of the University Council must graduate with at least bachelor degree without misconduct or degrading moral good conduct.
The Licensee who is an ordinary person may be appointed member of the University Council under Section 28 (3) or (4) if being without prohibited characteristics as stated in Paragraph Two..
Section 31. The President and Members of the University Council under Section 28 (3) and (4) shall hold office for a term of four years and may be re-appointed.
Section 32. Aside from retirement upon expiration of the term of office under Section 31, the President and Members of the University Council under Section 28 (3) or (4) shall have their term of office expire upon:
(3) Bankruptcy, incapability or alike
(4) Imprisonment by final judgment except light punishment due to carelessness or minor offense.
(5) Dismissed by the Minister for lack of qualifications under Section 30
(6) The Minister appoints a Controlling Committee of the Private University to control the Private University under Section 86.
In case the President and Members of the University Council under Section 28 (3) or (4) retire from office before the expiration of their term, the Minister may appoint persons with qualifications under Section 30 to replace them in accordance with the regulations under Section 28 and they shall hold position for the remaining period of the term of the persons whom they replace.
In case the Minister shall appoint additional members of the University Council while those already appointed still hold their position, they shall hold office equal to the remaining term of those who have already been appointed.
In case the University Council Members expire from their term of office and are not re-appointed by the University Council, the Members appointed by the Minister who expired shall continue to perform their duties until new Members of the University Council are appointed.
Section 33. The President of the University Council shall convene the meeting of the Members of the University Council.
In the meeting of University Council Members there shall be at least half of the total Members of the university Council.
The President of the university Council shall be Chairperson of the meeting. In case the President cannot perform his duty, the vice President shall chair the meeting. In case both of them cannot be present, the members who attend the meeting shall select one of the members present to be Chairperson of the meeting.
Decision of the meeting shall be finalized by the majority of votes.
A Council Members shall have only one vote. For equal votes, the Chairperson of the meeting can cast his vote as final decision.
There shall be at least four meetings of the University Council per year.
The University Council shall have the duties to formulate policies and monitor general activities of the Private University that include:
(1) To approve development plans of the Private University.
(2) To issue rules and regulations for the administration of the Private University.
(3) To allocate funds into various types and issue regulations for the expenditure of those funds.
(4) To approve financial plans, balance sheets, and annual budgets of various types of funds.
(5) To approve the transfer of one type of fund to other type.
(6) To approve the amendments of curriculum and open additional curriculum in accordance with the criteria as prescribed by the Board of Committee.
(7) To approve the admission of students, to confer certificates, junior degrees, degrees, or higher certificates for graduates.
(8) To confer honorary degrees to those who are qualified.
(9) To approve the establishment, dissolution, merger, and discontinuation of internal organizations.