Bangkok’s Organic Food and Restaurant: Lemon Farm

by Admin on July 17, 2012

When it comes to food, living a healthier lifestyle can be a challenge. However, health food stores have started to increase in popularity and number, and Bangkok is no exception.

One example is Lemon Farm, a grocery store cum restaurant serving organic and macrobiotic food with several locations throughout Bangkok. The “health shop” was set up in 1999 and is not only geared toward a healthier way of eating but using produce from small-scale, local farmers.

The Lemon Farm restaurant prepares food using the macrobiotic method of incorporating complex carbohydrates and uses only natural seasonings without synthetic chemicals or MSG.

Produce from the store is 60 per cent organic while the other 40 per cent are pesticide safe. Customers who find unhealthy items a temptation while shopping have no need to worry when entering the store either. Items such as soda, cigarettes, alcohol, and energizer drinks are not sold inside meaning shopping trips can be guilt free.

The process behind Lemon Farm’s organic food starts with soil that has been chemical free for over three years, and is toxic free, while all fruits and vegetables are grown without the use of chemical fertilizer, pesticide, grass killers, or hormones.

According to the Organic Trade Association, in the past most certified organic food grown in Thailand was exported to European markets. Now an increase of westerners has created a larger demand for more sustainable food and places such as Lemon Farm, the Bo.Lan Farmers’ Market, and the Thai Green Market are catering to this need for healthier produce.

Inside Lemon Farm Video:

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

David Walters August 6, 2014 at 06:14

Lemon Farm are fantastic. We use some of their products at our school ( I just wish they could deliver to us. The quality is great and a nice range. I’ve been meaning to try out their restaurant. Any commenters been there with reviews?

Leave a Comment



{ 1 trackback }

Previous post:

Next post: