Section 10. The Commission shall have the following authorities and duties:
(1) To draft the Master Plan for National Justice Administration and the Master
Plan for Justice Information Technology for submission to the Cabinet;
(2) To make recommendations or pass opinions to the Cabinet to institute
policies and guidelines for the administration of justice;
(3) To consider and pass opinions on matters concerning justice administration
at the request of the Cabinet;
(4) To coordinate between State agencies or organizations related to justice
administration, or to report to the Cabinet to initiate coordination between such
agencies and organizations, in order to surmount obstacles in the administration of
justice; to promote cooperation in justice administration; and to implement the Master
Plan for National Justice Administration and the Master Plan for Justice Information
(5) To study, analyze, and evaluate the enforcement of laws or practices in
compliance with the Master Plan for National Justice Administration, in order to
surmount problems and obstacles that arise;
(6) To study, analyze, and research in order to effectively and successfully
institute guidelines, strategies, measures for improving and developing justice
administration, or methods for implementing the Master Plan for National Justice Administration; and also to make suggestions appertaining to justice administration to
the Cabinet, State agencies, or organizations;
(7) To promote and disseminate knowledge on justice administration; to host
meetings, seminars, and training programmes; or to make proposals to State agencies,
or organizations related to justice administration for their consideration;
(8) To supervise the preparation of the Office’s annual report as prescribed by
Section 16 (6) for submission to the Cabinet;
(9) To institute regulations for implementation in compliance with this Act;
(10) To carry out any other actions in compliance with this Act or other laws.
Section 11. The Commission may set up rules and regulations for the
Commission’s meetings, either specifically or generally. Unless otherwise provided for
by the said rules or regulations, the Commission’s meetings shall be conducted
pursuant to the Commission’s resolution.
In the case of a member proposing a matter for the Commission’s consideration,
the Commission shall forthwith convene a meeting to consider such a matter.
Section 12. To be a quorum, the Commission’s meeting shall consist of no less
than one-half of the total number of members.
At the Commission’s meeting, if the Chairperson and Vice-chairperson do not
attend or are not present, the Commission shall select one member to act as the
chairperson of the meeting.
A decision shall be made by a majority of votes. Each member shall have one
vote. In the case of an equal number of votes, the chairperson shall have an additional
vote as a casting vote.
Section 13. The Commission may appoint a sub-committee or working-group
to consider or perform any act as entrusted by the Commission.
For the convening of a sub-committee or working-group under Paragraph 1, the
provisions of Section 11 shall be applied mutatis mutandis.
Section 14. In performing its duty, the Commission, its sub-committee(s), or its
working-group(s) may request State agencies, organizations related to justice
administration, or government officials to submit documents, information, and factual
statements to be taken into consideration as necessary.
Section 15. The members of the Commission, sub-committee members,
working-group members, the secretary and assistant secretaries shall receive
remuneration as prescribed by the Cabinet.
Office of Justice Affairs
Section 16. The Office of Justice Affairs, Ministry of Justice, shall take
responsibility as the Secretariat of the Commission. The Office shall have duties and
authority specified by law and, in addition, the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) To examine, study, analyze, research, make proposals and develop the
justice system together with national justice administration policies appropriate for the
economic and social development of the nation;
(2) To draft plans, policies and methods for the national administration of
justice, together with preparing other reports pursuant to the Commission’s resolution,
or providing information and opinions to the Commission for consideration;
(3) To coordinate the use of information technology in the justice system, and
disseminate information concerning the justice system to the public;
(4) To train and develop knowledge of justice administration among those
(5) To cooperate and coordinate with agencies and organizations concerned
with justice administration on academic and other matters, both domestic and overseas;
(6) To prepare annual reports on the performance of the Commission for
submission to the Cabinet;
(7) To perform any other duties as specified by law, or as entrusted by the
Section 17. In the interests of the administration of the Office, the Prime
Minister may order government officials, or employees from other government
organizations concerned, or the Office may request to the Cabinet to order government
employees or employees from public enterprises or other State agencies to assist as
personnel of the Office. Such assistance shall be recognized as the normal performance
of their official duties, or duties at their own office, whether full-time, part-time, or
The Cabinet may prescribe remuneration for such personnel under Paragraph 1.
Cooperation on the Development of Justice Administration
Section 18. For the benefit of integrating plans and methods for national
justice administration and the effective provision of justice to the people, together with
the efficient use of resources, the Commission shall draft the Master Plan for National
Justice Administration to act as a directive on matters of justice administration for
cooperation between State agencies and organizations related to justice administration.
The Master Plan for National Justice Administration shall be a four-year plan,
prescribing the direction for the administration of justice with the following key